Plejd is a fast-growing Swedish tech company that develops products and services for smart lighting and home automation.
We are looking to hire a driven and committed Area sales manager to grow the markets and lead a local team of sales representatives in Spain and Portugal; Iberia. You will be a part of the International Sales team with the mission to enter, start-up, and grow new markets.
The Area sales manager's responsibilities include setting up sales channels like electrical wholesalers or distributors, launching products, educating and training customers (wholesalers and installers). You will also build up and lead a local sales team and set up the organization in the region. You will be the link between the Plejd organization in Sweden and operations in Spain. Frequent travel will occur. The position is located in Spain.
- Present and demonstrate products to potential and existing customers; wholesalers and installers.
- Recruiting, managing, training, and providing overall guidance to the local sales team.
- Evaluating the performance of the sales team, and preparing concise sales reports.
- Allocating regions to the sales representatives.
- Setting reasonable sales targets to be achieved by the sales team.
- Monitoring the performance of the sales team and motivating members to meet or exceed sales targets.
- Collecting customer feedback and providing updates to management.
- Travel to potential and existing customers within the Iberia area to present the company's product portfolio and build brand awareness.
- Contact via phone, email, video call, and face-to-face meetings with customers to close sales and increase installations.
- Developing and sustaining long-term relationships with customers.
- Keeping up to date with products and competitors.
We are looking for someone who has/is:
- 1-5 years of experience in technical sales or the electrotechnical industry.
- Experience from working with electrical wholesalers in the Iberia area.
- Committed to driving sales and a proven track record of meeting sales targets.
- Excellent management, leadership, and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding negotiation skills.
- Fluent in Spanish and English.
- Preferably has a background as an electrician.
- Able to travel.
If this seems like the kind of environment you would like to work in, get in touch! Please apply via https://jobb.plejd.com
Plejd AB is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails.